My girls are big fans of the Disney Princesses. All of them. Buy them anything with a Disney Princess on it and they’re in. In fact, last Christmas Santa brought them the whole Disney Princess Barbie set. Mostly because “Santa” wanted to play with the dolls, too. And, FYI, “Santa” totally called dibs on brushing Mulan’s hair. Just for the record.
Anyway, the set came with a Snow White doll. But, since our Barbie collection was sorely lacking in boy dolls (and despite how lovely she was) Snow White was dubbed the “Daddy” doll. Which meant she got to mow the yard and kill all the spiders. Poor Snow White.
Last week One2One sent us the new Snow White Diamond Edition Blu-Ray/DVD Combo Pack. Since Snow White has been in the Disney Vault since before my girls were born they’d never actually seen the movie. To them she was just, well, the “Daddy” princess. But, Snow White is one of my favorite Disney movies and I knew they’d love it, too, so I was pretty excited to give them a chance to see it. And love it they did! We don’t have a Blu-Ray player so we didn’t get to enjoy all of the great Blu-Ray features, but the list is long enough that is would totally make me rectify that situation.
This new Snow White Diamond Edition features:
Picture & Sound
* First time ever in high definition 7.1 sound
* Disneyview – expanded viewing experience
* All-new Music Video Disney Family Play
* What Do You See? – Decipher the scambled image
* Mirror, Mirror on the Wall – Which princess are you most like?
* Jewel Jumble – test your matching skills
* Snow White Returns – Newly discovered storyboards. Was Walt planning a sequel?
* Hyperion Studios – Explore Walt’s original studio
* The One That Started It All – See how Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs forever changed the world of movies
Classic Bonus Features
* Dopey’s Wild Mine Ride Game
* “Heigh-Ho” Karaoke Sing-along
* Disney through the decades
* And More!
The movie itself was just as good as I remembered. The girls loved the songs and were enchanted the whole time it was on. It’s funny because I’m always skeptical of whether they will enjoy older animated movies since new ones look so different to me. But, there is a reason Snow White is a classic because the story and the songs and the beautiful animation whisked them away into a fairy tale world and they loved it. Which, of course, means I loved it.
And even though we weren’t able to experience all the Blu-Ray extras my girls did love this new (to them) Disney princess. So much so, that I have a feeling our Snow White doll will finally get a break from being the “Daddy” from now on. Which I think is great. As long as they leave Mulan alone…
A copy of this DVD was provided to me for review. Please see my Disclosure section for information on my review policies.