According to my blogging records, I blogged fewer times this past December than any December in the last 3 years. And if I’m being honest, it was awesome to take a bit of a break. But I missed this place of mine. I missed it a lot.
So, it’s a new year. Which feels like a relief because I was so over 2009. And I think I’d be a bad blogger if I didn’t do some sort of 2009 wrap-up post at some point. I guess it’s kind of required for all bloggers.
2009 was a wild year. But, I could probably say that about every year for the last 4 years. We’ve had a strange run of crazy luck for these past 4 years. I’m hoping that 2010 is the year to give us a little peace. But, I’m not holding my breath.
So, where was I? Oh, right. 2009. Here are my 10 most memorable parts:
1. Traveler Oakes Kekoa Loving. Hands down the best thing to happen to us this year.
3. We became a two car family again. Thank God.
4. The girls had a totally fun Pow-wow Birthday party with real live ponies!
5. Kai started Kindergarten at the homeschool academy and I began homeschooling for real with her on a daily basis.
6. We took a fun trip to Indiana with my mother where there was plenty of the obligatory Lucy and Ethel style shenanigans.
7. We had our annual Thanksgiving Warm-up with friends. And spent real Thanksgiving at the beach with family.
8. I turned 30. An event I was neither thrilled nor gracious about. (In fact, I didn’t even post anything on it because I was dreading it so much.)
9. I started studying to become a Birth Doula which I am totally thrilled about. (Though I failed to blog about it, too.)
That’s it. Our 2009 in a nut shell. And now I’m looking forward to all the possibilities of 2010.
Happy New Year!