Once upon a time, we bought these cute beach chairs from Pier One. But, 4 years in the sun and a 100lb. Great Dane later they looked like this:
So, when it came time to spend time outdoors the thought of sitting in these chairs really grossed me out. But, with a little spray paint and some upholstery fabric I had sitting around I turned the chair into this:
Turns out sewing new chair seats was pretty simple. I basically just took the seats off and made a pattern from the existing chair fabric. Then all it took was sewing a simple seam and rod pocket for the dowels that keep the fabric in place.
Just goes to show you how much difference a can of spray paint can make! I LOVE painting old furniture and making it new again.
I’m pretty excited about how it turned out. I have 3 more to do and I’m planning on painting them similarly but having fun with different color fabrics/patterns. I’ll post pics of all of them when I finally finish…