Well, since I’ve officially written well over 100 posts I’ve decided it’s high time that I write my “100 Things About Me” post. So, here in no particular order are my facts:
1. On Christmas Eve 2001, my husband and I eloped to Jamaica. The only witnesses to our wedding was a resort wedding planner and a guy they pulled out of the kitchen. We’ve never regretted it.
2. I am a bibliophile. I enjoy getting new books more than meeting new people. Every time I get a new book I feel like I’m going on a adventure to a far off place.
3. I am the oldest of 3 sisters. Growing up in a house of women (and one very patient dad) was crazy and fun. But, never boring.
4. I am some kind of weird introvert/extrovert hybrid. I love talking to people but can be incredibly shy. In fact, I have a tendency to talk more the more uncomfortable I feel. Much to my utter dismay…
5. There a tons of people I don’t know who read this blog, but my own mom never checks it out. My dad never even turns on a computer, but don’t get me started on that.
6. I am a chronic oversharer. When I was a kid my mom used to repeatedly tell me when things were “family secrets” because she knew I’d blab the first chance I got. It’s not a malicious thing. It’s more of a compulsion to share type of thing. I can’t help myself.
7. I love to read people’s blogs. I can waste hours on the sofa reading about other people’s lives. It’s actually a little sad.
8. I was a good girl and waited until my 21st birthday to have my first drink. In fact, a close guy friend (who is now my husband) was the first person to buy me a drink. So, he has no one to blame for his wife’s craziness but himself…
9. I got my first tattoo in September 2007 in Hawaii. My girls went with me to the tattoo parlor to pick it out (though they weren’t there when I got it). I’m already jonesing for another.
10. My husband is my best friend ever. Sometimes I have to remind myself that we are two separate people.
11. I am a little embarrassed to say I am a SAHM but I love it more than anything I have ever done.
12. I am very embarrassed to say I am a SAHM with kids in preschool (daycare) but it is absolutely essential to my survival some days.
13. Despite #’s 11 & 12, I am planning to homeschool my kids. I wonder how I will break that one to my parents.
14. I had been married almost 6 years to my husband before I met one of his brothers. He lives in Hawaii and we’d just never had an opportunity to go before that.
15. My hands are already getting tired from typing this list and I’m only down to #15.
16. I really, really, really want to be an animal person but I just am not. I like other people’s animals. I just don’t love having any of my own.
17. My kids can talk me into almost anything.
18. I hated having red hair until I was in high school. I used to beg my mom every day to let me dye it black.
19. The more kids I have the more I want to have. I love them so much and sometimes the thought if being done with kids makes me really, really sad.
20. On days that are very crazy, #19 isn’t completely true. But, those days aren’t as frequent as one might think.
21. I love having a God that I can be real with. Having a relationship instead of a religion is the coolest thing ever.
22. I graduated with a degree in English Lit and love poetry and literature. I have a tendency to believe that everyone’s life would be better with a little poetry in it.
23. I used to be a ridiculous overachiever. Somewhere along the line that changed. I like myself much better now.
24. I don’t think being in an interracial marriage is as hard as the media leads you to believe. Thomas and I have been an interracial couple in the south for almost 8 years and never had any trouble…
25. “Drop Dead Fred” is one of my favorite movies of all time.
26. I love Broadway musicals. I sing the songs when I clean the house.
27. I find it difficult to be organized and creative. I know it is possible to balance the two. I just don’t know whether it is possible for me.
28. Sometimes I do things just so I can blog about them. Sad but true.
29. I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate cleaning toilets. My husband does it for me so I don’t have to. I appreciate him so much for that.
30. I can dispose of dead mice or relocate a living mouse without flinching. But, I cannot kill so much as a housefly on my own.
31. I love my house so much I think I could live here forever. Despite the fact that we’d be busting at the seams.
32. I buy low-sodium soup to be healthy and then end up salting it every single time I make it.
33. I have a tendency to overreact.
34. I have a very active imagination and can’t tell if it’s a blessing or a curse.
35. I loathe cooking.
36. I love baking.
37. I think cutting lettuce for a salad is just about the most horrible job in the kitchen.
38. It doesn’t bother me to skip a shower but I start to wig out if the pillows are messed up on the sofa.
39. I don’t think there is anything wrong with medicating yourself to feel normal.
40. Despite #39, I try to be as organic as possible and have even decided to avoid most vaccines for my girls.
41. I miss my mother-in-law every single day.
42. I sometimes sleep with my Blackberry in my hand.
43. I am the most undomestic SAHM you will ever meet.
44. I secretly want to go live with the Amish for a month.
45. I love living in the suburbs even if it makes me uncool.
46. I’ve always had pretty pitiful self-esteem issues.
47. I am a very competitive person and can make anything a contest.
48. I tend to be overly sentimental.
49. I LOVE getting comments from friends and strangers on my blog.
50. I really enjoy campy horror movies. I can’t resist them.
51. Sometimes I read romance novels and put paper over the cover so no one will know.
52. I’m a feminist and a SAHM. I am a study in contradictions…
53. I went to an all girl’s high school and an all women’s college. I think it contributed a great deal to the person I am today. (and I mean that in a good way)
54. Both our girls have 3 letter names that have “earthy” meanings. I think we’ve made naming the rest of our kids alot harder by starting this pattern.
55. I am a clutter queen and a pack rat. My biggest fear is that I will end up on Dr. Phil’s hoarder show one day.
56. I have a really a borderline photographic memory sometimes and other times I am doing well to remember my own name.
57. I want to pack up my family and move to Hawaii every time I listen to any Jack Johnson song.
58. I’ve got some serious baby fever right now and am totally ready to have a baby #3.
59. I think St. Patrick’s Day and Halloween are two of the most underrated holidays of the year.
60. I was convinced I was secretly adopted until middle school.
61. I want to be a nurse when I grow up.
62. I am addicted to the granola/crunchy/organic mommy movement.
63. I have been known to watch TV, surf the internet, and be on the phone at the same time. I am a communications junkie.
64. I taught myself to sew after getting a sewing machine for my 28th birthday. I have since fallen in love with all things crafty.
65. I actually asked for (and got) a pink vacuum on the same birthday. How very Donna Reed of me.
66. I have a black thumb and am pretty much guaranteed to kill any and all plants put in my path.
67. I took 4 years of spanish in high school and college but I am too intimidated to try and use it with native speakers.
68. My family is from the north and I was born in the south. So, now, neither region will claim me as a northerner or a southerner.
69. Sometimes I purposely do things not to fit in.
70. People think my kids are adopted or that I am their nanny just because they look nothing like me.
71. I’d do just about anything to get group health insurance.
72. Everything, that is, except go get a job. Since I’ve started staying home with my kids I can’t imagine doing anything else.
73. My bookshelves are overflowing with books and I still can’t bear to give any away.
74. I grew up in church all my life and I love having a relationship with Jesus, but sometimes Christians freak even me out.
75. I once had my worst incident of road rage in a church parking lot. I was not the only perpetrator of the rage…
76. My church is HUGE and yet it feels small to me thanks to my amazing group of friends.
77. Being in a small group has changed my life. Want to know why? Email me.
78. I randomly get convinced that various friends I haven’t spoken to in a while are angry with me and I get angry with them in return. Then we end up corresponding and I realize I was being ridiculous.
79. I don’t act my age.
80. I don’t plan on changing #79 any time soon.
81. I never loved my body more than when I was pregnant. I was definitely more proud of my belly than any other time in my life.
82. I love junk shops, antique stores, yard sales and any other place I can get cool, kitschy used stuff cheap.
83. My kids listen to pop music more than they should because I can’t stand listening to the Wiggles anymore.
84. I will never learn my lesson.
85. I have spray painted or hot glued just about every material imaginable.
86. I didn’t learn to do my own laundry until I was 21.
87. I once took a cat to the pound when he couldn’t live with me anymore. I am terribly ashamed of that.
88. I invite people over at least twice a month so I can have an excuse to make myself clean the house.
89. I’ve tried to get Thomas to go hunting so we could enjoy organic and free meat. He has no interest.
90. I purposely share sensitive topics on my blog just to get myself out of my comfort zone.
91. I call my dad for advice nearly every day.
92. I call my mom to gossip several times a day.
93. I proof read emails approximately 10 times before I send them. Even when they’re to my best friends.
94. Sometimes when I contemplate God and eternity I freak out. If I try to wrap my head around the fact that no one “created” God I have a total panic attack.
95. I leave the lights on when I’m not home more often than I should.
96. Buffy the Vampire Slayer is one of my favorite TV shows of all time.
97. Sometimes I wish I had gone to medical school like I’d planned to.
98. I am nervous about homeschooling but also excited to see how it impacts my family.
99. I am still figuring out who I am.
100. I am completely shocked that I was able to come up with 100 things about me but I’m also a bit worried that have used up all my material for Total Truth Tuesday.